Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mt. Talamitam

MT. TALAMITAM
Nasugbu, Batangas
Jump-off point: Sitio Bayabasan, Brgy. Aga, Nasugbu (KM. 83)
630 MASL
Days required/ Hours to summit: 1 day / 1.5-2.2 hours
Dec., 16, 2014

A Dayhike to Mt. Talamitam with my sister.  Year end climb .


Her stressful day turned into an unplanned adventure.

Really? that was far! Are we sure we can do it?
I expected  1hr travel to the jump off, but we took 2hrs and that was annoying.

 We decided not to hire a tour guide, thou the local insisted that we should get one, We politely decline, since we want to spend less on our trip.  After we finished our lunch we proceed to our destination.
 On our way, the rain started to pour, (we were not prepared for that as I said, this climb was unexpected. We had no choice but to enjoy the rain and get wet.) Good thing our bag has a plastic cover to protect our gadgets (oh, I have my umbrella too, I always carry it wherever I go).
We noticed that we reached a dead-end point, gladly we saw 2 locals and asked where was the way to Mt. Talamitam, they point a diff. direction (Their faces were saying "what are these two ladies doing here?" HAHA! (we got lost, obviously.)

All I can do is to pray to stop the rain, we started the assault,  my slipper was so heavy.  We don't know which way to go, we just keep on moving forward, to reach the peak of the mountain

there you are! take a rest :)
  
The weather was pretty bad, it was raining, so we were walking on a muddy trail. 

 

Seriously, we were not enjoying the trail, I began to think that we should stop. I can feel that my sister was thinking the same.


I don't want to believe that we need to walk more and struggle more. I can't imagine that we were not yet  halfway  to the summit.


 I need to motivate my sister as she began taking more rest than she walk.


We can't give up. I don't want to go home without reaching the summit or this will be all wasted, all tiresome, sweat and effort. I need to endure the cold and my aching legs. I need more patience and perseverance. 


Take 5, 10 or 30?

to hide from the cold breeze



 And when we reached the summit, yes! we successfully did it!  As all hikers feel, it's all worth it, and fulfilling.




Im trying to scare this cow.


enjoying the rain
Washing out muddy foot wear.
tsk! why am i punishing myself? "just kidding"
 When you are about to give up, think of why you started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment